Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Leaving the dog unattended

We are currently 10 days into the "how long can Joel go without doing anything" marathon - I must say, I feel quite worthless. When mom and dad came home this evening with a new dryer I jumped at the opportunity to help unload and set it up. Caught up in the enthusiasm of the moment, I left Manchu (our two year old Shi-tzu) unattended upstairs. 30 minutes later I come back upstairs, feeling good about myself for not allowing the entire day to be wasted only to find my mother frowning at me. "Your dog peed three times and crapped in the floor," was the statement I walked in to. I looked down at Manchu who was starring up at me with his tongue barely sticking out of his mouth, eyes bugging out of his head and couldn't help but chuckle inside. I hate that dog.

2 comments:

Joshua Stamper said...

I thought that we had learned a lesson about having house dogs. especially yipyap dogs.

YPJ said...

Oh we learned alright...like I said, I got caught up in the moment.