Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On the contrary...

The last time we met for my blog I was gushing with optimism, minus the bike ride and thing were looking very up. My fantasy baseball team went on to lose in the first round of the playoffs and no, it wasn't even close. While we are on fantasy sports lets talk about fantasy football. It has been 3 years since I have won a fantasy football championship and so I devised a foolproof plan this year to carry my team. Despite my better judgment I decide to take with my first pick of the draft, a seasoned QB, one that has proven himself over and over again and that is not prone to injuries...although I can't stand him, I picked Tom Brady. Those of you that follow sports know exactly how this turned out for me. Brady plays like 5 minutes and then tears his ACL. Folks, my logic was impeccable...it's not going to be my year. In that same spirit, a few minutes after hearing this news on ESPN, I go to check our flight itinerary for the Twin Falls trip and I notice something terribly wrong. Our departure date-9/11 is correct, however our return is listed as 10/15. This is a problem. Our stay in Twin Falls is intended for 4 days, not one month. I immediately call Travelocity and recieve some very bad options (both of which are going to cause us to eat anywhere from $600-800.) At least thats what I think...it was sort of hard to decipher the broken english from both people I talked to. For all I know they could have been saying, "yes Mr. Stamper, we will change those flights for you right away and since you are such an idiot for booking the wrong return flight, we will do it for free." But I'm pretty sure I caught the "you're going to eat at least $600." Mandy, being the smarter of the two of us decides to call the airline directly. They are easier to work with and offer to just change the return flight for us, for the low low fee of $100 per tick. But, thats a lot better than 300 a tick. On the brighter side, at least we caught the mistake before we got to Twin Falls and realized we wouldn't be leaving for a month. Then I'm sure they would have really stuck it to us.

No comments: