Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The states I despise...

Well allow me first off to say that Mandy and I did finally make it to Idaho after 4 very long days. The stories from along the way are probably enough to fill a short book but at this moment I'm not ready to take the time to write them. I will say this though, Colorado has risen to the top and overtaken West Virginia as my least favorite state in the history of the world. I despise West Virginia because of their roads, they have the nerve to charge money to drive on their crappy roads? I can't fathom, but I deal with it because the last time I tried to beat that system I took route 52 through WV and found myself on the scene of Deliverance...I said to myself then and there, never again, I will just pay the stupid toll. Anyway, I cross several more states, good roads, no tolls and then I come to Colorado and I think to myself, I'm only on this road for 24 miles, surely the toll won't be that much.....$18 dollars and 24 miles later I found myself barely resisting the urge to throw everything I had in the truck out the window so that some employee of that crappy system would have to spend time picking it up and thus putting my STOLEN hard earned money to use. I have been mad before folks, but never as mad as I was when I crossed through that last toll plaza. Fortunately Wyoming, Utah and Idaho were very pleasant drives and by the time I got to Twin Falls I was over it...now that I'm writing about it I am burning with anger all over again. Stay tuned for the tale of "Manchu throwing up on Mandy as we pass through St. Louis."

No comments: