Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ok, so I know I just posted yesterday and this is quite unlike me to post two days in a row, but I felt like I had to describe last night while it's effects are still wreaking havoc on my body. So, we get there and get our lift tickets, meet up with Pastor Jeff and Nathan (his son) and strap on the ole boards. (This was much more difficult than it sounds) When you get on the lift you have to unstrap on of your boots from your board, I'm not sure why this is, I just saw everyone else do it so I did it as well. Riding the lift for like 8 minutes getting to the top of the mountain was one of the coolest most relaxing moments ever. It was completely calm, the sun was just going down below the trees, there was snow in the trees and I felt almost as though I was looking at a painting. That was the hi-light of my evening because everything after that could be described much like an encounter between a 19 year old Mike Tyson and Webster (doesn't matter what age) in the octagon. I was Webster, the mountain was Mike Tyson. I should have known things were going to be bad when I bite it coming off the lift at the top of the mountain. Everything after that was down hill...literally and figuratively. I have to believe I set a mountain record because it took me just under 3 hours to get down one run (a run that was fittingly named "Spud.") When I finally got the bottom I was greeted by the entire group and I felt like I had just finished a marathon and was given the best news of the night: "so Joel, it turns out that the bunny slope IS open." When we first arrived, it was not...or so we thought. Anyway, I spent the last hour of the excursion conquering the bunny slope and actually went down it twice without wiping out. If anyone ever tells you that snowboarding is easier than skiing, punch them in the face. I couldn't even sleep last night because of the soreness in my body and the replays of wipping out going through my mind.
As I am writing this I looked down at my beverage can, its a Monster Energy Drink and there is a warning on it that says "consume responsibly - limit 3 cans a day." Wow...who can afford to drink 3 cans of this crap a day?
Currently listening to: David Cook

No comments: