Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tis the season...

Well, its official. The Christmas Season is over and now I must wait a whole 300 and some odd days till Thanksgiving comes back and thus propels me into the Christmas mode. Looking back over the last month I am very pleased with the way that things went with the transition to Idaho and mine and Mandy's first Christmas as a married couple. Tomorrow night we will celebrate the coming of a New Year together...joining in that celebration with us will be approximately 16 kids that will be staying at our house to help bring it in with a bang. This should be an interesting week. And tonight...oh tonight. I will be trying my hand at snowboarding for the first time ever. Next post I will give you the skinny on whether or not it's really easier than skiing.
Sometimes I would like to kill my dog...or wish that the chocolate would do it for me. If I recall correctly I mentioned the last episode that Manchu (the dog) had with the dark chocolate M&M's. Well it didn't kill him and apparently what doesn't kill dogs only makes them stronger. We come in from shopping the day after Christmas, low and behold, Manchu has somehow managed to get one of those massive 7 oz Hershey Kisses that Mandy's parents sent her and open it up and eat it. So this is the scene I walk into. I open the door, Manchu is sitting on the arm of the couch starring at me with crap all over his face. I look down at the floor to see the box that the Kiss came in torn to shreds. Then comes the search for the remainder of the chocolate kiss, I found it, hurled it across the room towards the trash can and then started yelling at the dog. Apparently for a while he treated the Kiss as he usually did one of his chew toys, slobbering on it, throwing it around the room, dragging it over the furniture, etc. There was chocolate on everything. Sometimes, I want to kill that dog. Oh yeah, and you know the foil that the kisses come wrapped in? We never found that. I guess he ate it too. Stupid dog.
Be sure to tune in next time for: "Joel pulls a Sonny Bono on the slopes."

Currently listening to: Ever Stays Red <---the are kinda punk/emoish but their lyrics are great.

No comments: